Monday October 20, 2014
There’s nothing we love more than a good night’s sleep and an extra hour in bed can make all the difference, So there’s no denying that here at Cherry Good HQ, we can’t wait for the clocks to go back this weekend, giving us an extra hour to snooze completely guilt free.
Sadly the benefits of the Sunday morning lie-in are often short-lived with the quality of sleep quickly dropping off. Research has even suggested that the extra time in bed can often leave people sleeping worse than they did before.
So we thought we would share with you our Cherry Good tips to getting your best night’s sleep ever – all year round.
- Keep your bedroom dark, as even the most inconspicuous glow – such as one from a digital alarm clock - can disrupt your quality of sleep
- Turn off all of your devices an hour before bed, yes that includes your iPad! Bright light triggers the brain into thinking that it’s time to be awake, so switch all electrical devices off to guarantee that well deserved beauty sleep
- Write down what’s bugging you. If it’s affecting you drifting off then try clearing your mind of mental clutter and write your thoughts down in a journal
- Cherries of course! Cherries naturally boost the body’s supply of melatonin, which has been found to aid those who struggle to sleep
- Exercise. Adding even just a few minutes of physical activity to your day can make a massive difference in your rest, so get moving!