Wednesday March 25, 2015
The clocks going forward this weekend signals the start of Spring, and as such, a good sleep will be needed to ensure that you’re on top of the world and ready to spring into this beautiful season. Here at Cherry Good HQ, we take sleep very seriously. Take a look at our handy sleep tips to ensure that you keep the spring in your step this weekend as the clocks change.
- Sleep is just as important as diet and exercise, so as well as working out, allow yourself the odd lie in instead of an early morning run (I’m sure it won’t be that hard to convince yourself!)
- If we don’t get enough sleep we are more likely to have bigger appetites as leptin levels fall (leptin is an appetite-regulating hormone), promoting an increase in appetite. This puts a whole new slant on if ‘you snooze you lose!’
- As well as the above beauty sleep is actually a thing! During sleep, your skin is able to repair any damage (UV rays, dirt, etc.) and regenerates new skin cells, so with a good night’s sleep you could have more radiant skin before you know it.
- We are the only mammals that willingly delay sleep. Don’t be afraid to sleep when you’re tired, however early it may be! Sometimes your body just needs the rest.
- Perfect your relaxing bed time rituals. Whether it’s reading, meditating, or listening to some calming music, build this into your routine. And make sure you switch off your mobile devices at least 20 minutes before you go to sleep to ensure quality rest.