Cherry Good Chutneys and Sauces
Cherry Good Ketchup
Try this festive cherry ketchup to accompany your Christmas treats.
Cooking Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
- 2.5lbs cherries, stoned
- 1 cup Cherry Good Original
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- ¼ tsp. crushed garlic
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ cinnamon stick
- ½ lemon, zested
- Add the cherries, Cherry Good Original, vinegar, honey and brown sugar in a pan and stir to combine. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes until the fruit is soft.
- Remove from the heat and purée.
- Add the ginger, salt, cayenne, garlic, cloves, cinnamon stick and lemon zest.
- Return to the heat and cook for a further hour, stirring occasionally until it thickens.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and adjust seasoning to your taste.
Top Tip: To store, pour the ketchup into a jam jar, allow it to cool and then refrigerate. Ketchup will keep for 3–4 weeks in the refrigerator.