Cherry Good Desserts
Indulge in a Charming Cherry Choc Cake
The perfect pairing of cherries and chocolate combine in this rich, delicious dessert.
For the cake:
- 200g dark chocolate, 70%
- 200g butter, cut into pieces
- 100 ml Cherry Good Original
- 85g self-raising flour
- 85g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g light muscavado sugar
- 200g caster sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
For the filling:
- 1 cup cherries, stoned – keep a few whole for decoration
- ½ cup Cherry Good Original
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 250 ml whipping cream
- Icing sugar to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degress / fan 150 degrees
- Melt the chocolate by break your chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl over a pan of boiling water along with the butter. Stir with a wooden spoon to keep the consistency smooth.
- Once completely melted, take off the heat and add the Cherry Good Original, flour (both plain and self-raising), beaten eggs, bicarbonate of soda and sugar (both caster and muscavado) and mix well until you have a smooth batter.
- Take two cake tins, lined with baking paper, and pour the batter equally between the two tins. Place in the hot oven.
- Bake for around 40 minutes, checking with a skewer before removing. If the skewer comes out clean, you can take your cake out of the oven to cool.
- To make the filling, place the stoned cherries, brown sugar and Cherry Good Original in a pan and let the mixture simmer for around 30 mins, stirring occasionally until the liquid reduces to a syrupy texture.
- Once your cake has cooled, take the base and cover it with the cherry filling. Top this with a generous helping of whipped cream and place the other cake layer on top.
- To finish, dust the cake with icing sugar and garnish with a couple of whole cherries.