Everyday Cherry Goodness
A Cherry Good Relish
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 large shallot, finely chopped
12 oz. cherries - stoned
1 cup Cherry Good
½ cup mucavado sugar
Salt and ground pepper to taste
½ cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- In a pan, heat the oil over a medium-high.
- Add the shallot and cook until softened but not browned.
- Add the cherries, Cherry Good and brown sugar; season with a good sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until the cherries begin to break down and the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pomegranate seeds (if using). Let it cool to room temperature before serving.
Top Tip: This is great with Hot or cold Turkey – especially in a turkey and stuffing sandwich!!