Everyday Cherry Goodness
Grilled Asian Chicken Salad with a Cherry-Peanut Dressing
Prep: 1 hr
Cook: 15 min
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
For the dressing:
¼ cup cherries, stoned and chopped
¼ cup Cherry Good
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. smooth peanut butter
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
½ tsp. sesame oil
For the chicken:
1 cup cherries, stoned
2 tbsp. Cherry Good
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup dry white wine
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
1 clove garlic
1 ½ lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
For the salad:
4 wonton wrappers, thinly sliced
2 Romaine lettuce, sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 pkt. mangetout, sliced
8 water chestnuts, sliced
For the Dressing:
- Whisk the cherries, Cherry Good, soy sauce, peanut butter, vinegar, vegetable oil and sesame oil in a bowl. Set aside.
For the Chicken:
- Firstly create the marinade by placing the cherries, the Cherry Good, the soy sauce, white wine, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ginger and garlic in a blender and puree until the cherries and garlic are finely chopped.
- Pour the marinade into a bowl. Pierce the chicken all over with a fork and add it to the marinade making sure all the chicken is covered.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or for the best results, overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, place the chicken under a preheated grill and cook for 5 – 7 minutes, or until cooked, turning once.
- When ready take out and place on a chopping board and cover with foil.
For the Salad:
- Meanwhile, place the wonton strips on the grill and cook for a couple of minutes or until crispy.
- Toss all the salad items and mix with half of the dressing in a bowl; divide amongst the number of people eating.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the salad.
- Top with the crispy wonton strips.
- Serve with more dressing on the side.
This is just a fab meal for lunch or for a dinner party! Just add a glass of Sauv Blanc and the meal is complete!